Hi Yuv,

> I have an issue with your "fixes" to the second FAQ [1], Thomas.

I reverted the changes.

> First of all, you have made it completely Windows-centric.  The choices exist
> also for other platform.  For example the most current build for Debian /
> Ubuntu has enblend-mp and enfuse-mp (for the OpenMP support).

But this was not in the FAQ. It stated only that there are 4 variants
and which advantage/disadvantage each have. But it does not say how to
identify a specific version or that the OpenMP version is called
enblend_mp. Or if enblend or enblend_mp is build with GPU support. But
this are the informations a newbie would expect/need to come to a
decision, which version is the right for him.

> Second, you made the assumption that everybody build always with GPU.  Maybe
> that's how you built your binaries, which I understand are on the SF download
> page.  But --enable-gpu-support=CHECK/yes/no ist still a build-time option and
> so the category with/without GPU support is a relevant one.

You are only partially correct. Even if enblend is build with gpu
support, the gpu is not used by default for blending images. So in the
default calling (enblend -o output input1 input2 ...) an enblend
without and with gpu support behave the same. You need to specify the -
g switch to use the gpu.

Thomas