On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:17:51 +0200, Carl von Einem wrote:
> Robert Krawitz schrieb am 26.10.10 14:22:
>
>> I'm trying to fuse
>> * 0EV:
>>
>> <http://rlk.smugmug.com/Photography/enfuse-test/14365255_gYhFw#1064008497_nVtDY>
>> * -2EV:
>>
>> <http://rlk.smugmug.com/Photography/enfuse-test/14365255_gYhFw#1064008676_Qysth>
>> * +2EV:
>>
>> <http://rlk.smugmug.com/Photography/enfuse-test/14365255_gYhFw#1064008675_hU5dR>
>
> These images are already remapped and one has a different canvas
> size. Since they were not cropped after remapping they all contain
> black pixels in the undefined areas. I bet these just "confuse"
> enfuse, resulting in your "pale" sky.

Sorry, my mistake for not explaining what happened: I did use aligned
TIFF files.  The problem is that SmugMug won't allow me up upload TIFF
files, so I converted them to JPEG files (where the masked region
looks black) before uploading them.

> I think there are two general enfuse workflows for a bracketed panorama shot:
> - first enfuse every single bracketed stack of jpgs to preferably a 16 bit
> file (tif), and stitch those

Which is essentially what I'm doing via hugin.

> or (should work if you used a tripod)
> - stitch all different exposure steps with the same settings so you get three
> panoramas (-2, 0, +2 EV) and enfuse those

Which I didn't.

> Both workflows don't exactly propose to first remap the images.
>
> This little experiment...
> - make sure canvas size is identical (I pasted one image on top and aligned
> using difference mode, then cropped to these smaller boundaries)
> - mask the black undefined areas using an alpha mask, save as tiff
> ...gives me a better result than your "No options" example:
>> With different options to enfuse, I have the following results (I'm
>> using -l 1 in all cases to see where enfuse makes its decisions):
>> * No options:
>>
>> http://rlk.smugmug.com/Photography/enfuse-test/14365255_gYhFw#1064010124_sBN5B
> This image containes a pseudo halo which looks as if the black "frame" is
> actually used by enfuse.

I don't believe that that's the case, since I actually did this on
TIFF files using an alpha mask (that had been created by hugin, or
really nona).