I have the same setup.
You can either change the settings in preferences to 8000 (8Gb)
Or you can add -m8000 options for enfuse and enblend in the stitcher tab.

Make sure you remember which ones you change as it can be time consuming to
go through and review all the settings if one isn't right.
I used -m15000 successfully on an 8GB machine with 2x4GB high speed
readyboost devices.

I haven't experienced Hugin overwriting the values I have manually set.