On Sep 16, 11:31 pm, Lukáš Jirkovský <l.jirkov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 September 2011 16:54, realkiran <realki...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm having the same problem. I tried the 2011.0 32bit windows version
> > with no success. HDR output is always blank. If I export to ldr it
> > seems to work just fine. Has anyone successfully output hdr (.tif
> > or .exr) panoramas from .hdr input files? Should I use another input
> > format?
>
> > -Kiran
>
> The problem is that when you select HDR output, hugin always run
> hugin_hdrmerge. However AFAIK hugin_hdrmerge doesn't support HDR
> input. Mostly because it doesn't make any sense to create HDRi from
> HDRi, it would be just copying the image pixels.
>
> The "traditional" LDR output chain is more suitable in this case.
> Actually, I think it should correctly output HDR tiff in case the
> input is also HDR. nona can accept and output HDR and so does enblend.
> In case it doesn't work, it should be possible to edit a panorama
> makefile to force nona output HDR.
>
> Lukas

I consistently have this problem on Windows 64 bit.
Today I stopped a EXR stitch (EXR files to EXR pano) and examined the
intermediate files. Nona produces pgm files successfully, but all exr
files are fully black and only 700kb in size.
After hugin_hdrmerge has processed these files, they grow to 780kb
but are still all black. Each input files were 19,000kb and scaling
should have seen the output file be about the same size.
It also occurs with 2010.4 versions of hugin