I don't use Mac also, but maybe some things can be used there. I use Panini
on Unix (FreeBSD) and DevalVR on windows. Panini also works on Windows. I
use an old version of panini and the good point of it is that it can read
equirrectangular, cube faces and many other image formats.

There is also a viewer for internet called Salado Player that needs to have
the image converted before. The converter is in Java, but the plugin is in
flash, that you don't like. I really don't like flash either. Never liked
it, but I must admit that in my modest opinion they are the best internet
viewers nowadays. You can also try PTViewer, that is Java. It is old and
not as easy to use or flexible as the flash plugins. My preferred today is
krpano, which is commercial.

Follows the links:

Panini - http://sourceforge.net/projects/pvqt/
This is based on QT, which I imagine that is available to Mac, as it is
unix based and as you can have Xorg on it. It was not fast to install every
dependency of it. If you follow this way I can try to help you at least
listing the dependencies.
Panini v1
Tom Sharpless, the author, is in this list. I don't know if this version is
still available for free, I use the old one, but there is a site for the 1
beta: http://tksharpless.net/paniniv1/frontpage.html the good news is that
it has a Mac version. In fact I couldn't test this version yet cause I
always had problems with the OpenGL dependency and the old one is ok to my
needs.
DevalVR
http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/productos/index.html
I prefer the version available at the pano-pro site (called pano-pro
player):
http://www.pano-pro.com/khxc/pop%20up%20software.html
Salado Converter - http://panozona.com/wiki/SaladoConverter
Salado Player - http://panozona.com/wiki/SaladoPlayer

Hope it helps.

Carlos E G Carvalho (Cartola)
http://cartola.org/360



2011/11/2 JohnPW <[email protected]>

> Thanks everyone for the responses. Further thoughts and informations
> will also be appreciated.  :-)
>
> On Nov 2, 1:48 am, Thomas Pryds <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I'm not a Mac user, but I find that the website atwww.360cities.netdoes a
> > good job in letting you view your panorama properly. Just upload your
> > panorama images, and it lets you pan around, zoom in/out, etc. It also
> lets
> > you share your panoramas with others, including review for inclusion in
> > Google Earth.
> >
> > Thomas
>
> Thanks Thomas I'll check it out.
>
>
> On Nov 2, 3:09 am, kfj <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I'm not a Mac user either, but how about
> >
> > http://wiki.panotools.org/Mac_software
> >
> > as a starting point?
> >
> > Kay
>
> Thanks, Kay.
> Yes, that's the first place I looked. But many of the links are dead
> or out of date. And still extant solutions I was able to find look
> like an incomplete list range form @ $50-$100 or more. I found Pano2VR
> and it looks looks pretty good, but hey, I wonder what others have
> found. Anyway, I was hoping someone who has already been down this
> path could clue me in to the viewer landscape for Mac users. What have
> they found that works for them? scripts? software reviews? what they
> have found helpful? etc.
> Like I said, it seems odd that making the panorama (which appears to
> be the more complex process to me) is ubiquitous and free (thanks
> Hugin!) while the conversion, display and viewing of them (which
> *appears* like a more straightforward and generic process) is
> relatively expensive and proprietary.
> Just trying to get a full view and some insight.
>
>
> On Nov 2, 3:52 am, Carl von Einem <[email protected]> wrote:
> > 360cities.net even works for iOS devices (iPhone / iPod touch / iPad)
> > which makes it a very nice platform to showcase your panoramas to a wide
> > audience. It's also available as a standard Google Earth layer.
> >
> > See also <http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers> if you want to use your own
> > web space or need a stand alone viewer.
> >
> > WorldWidePanorama.org lets you take part in a number of themes per year,
> > i.e. you could prepare now four different panoramas for the
> > "International Year of the Forests" event
> > <http://worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp2011/index.html> and
> > also one other panorama for the "Best Of 2011" event
> > <http://worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp/practical/NextEven..
> .>.
> >
> > Also SPi-V for Flickr still seems to work (yeah!) for simple equirects
> > that you upload to your flickr.com account:
> http://legacy.fieldofview.com/flickrtools/
> > Cool and simple! (Thanks, Aldo!)
> > Here is one quick example:
> http://fieldofview.com/flickr/?page=photos/12747460@N03
> >
> > Carl
>
> Thanks Carl. There's some info that's new to me in there and I have
> yit to look at it all.
> I'll explore it further.
>
>
> On Nov 2, 5:39 am, Carl von Einem <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > I'm not a Mac user either, but how about
> > >http://wiki.panotools.org/Mac_software
> > > as a starting point?
> >
> > That article needs some updating I fear... in the meantime
> > <http://wiki.panotools.org/Category:Software:Platform:Mac_OS_X> IMHO
> > makes more sense.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Carl
>
> Exactly.
> Thanks. But there are even a number of omissions and cul-de-sacs there
> as well. Or possibly it just seems like it to a pano-neophyte like me?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
> A list of frequently asked questions is available at:
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to