Hi, 

I need directions finding something inside the source code. I've
been grepping and searching for hours.... 

I find it annoying that when I  "cancel"  the optimization step
I cannot apply the currently "best" results. [update: I might 
have been testing this in an older version. The problem seems 
seems fixed now, but I would still like to be able to find
things in the source code.... ]

For big panos the optimization step can take minutes to hours, and
when you want to see a preliminary layout you don't need those last
few micro-optimizations, a general "reasonable" layout is just fine. 

So I'm looking for the code that actually does the optimization, 

I think this is:
   pano.updateVariables
in 
   src/hugin_base/panotools/PanoToolsOptimizerWrapper.cpp

(which is called from "PTtools::optimize ()" which is called from

   void OptimizePanel::runOptimizer(const UIntSet & imgs)
in 
   src/hugin1/hugin/OptimizePanel.cpp
)

Things that normally work is that I grep for strings that are printed
during an operation. So for example when the optimizer run finishes
normally it asks "Apply the changes?", which is a string that comes
from OptimizePanel.cpp. However searching for strings that appear 
in the optimizing progress window (the one that shows "cancel") 
doesn't give me any results. 

So even tough the problem I was trying to fix is already solved, 
I'd like to learn how you guys find these things in the source, 
or in this case specifically where is the code that generates
the optimizing progress window?

        Roger.

-- 
** [email protected] ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **
*-- BitWizard writes Linux device drivers for any device you may have! --*
The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike
Phil, this plan just might work.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to