Hi group!

Working with hugin, I sometimes wished to put intermediate code
between hugin and enblend. Recently I wanted to have the console i/o
associated with blending stored in a log file and I also was annoyed
with hugin calling enblend even if there is just a single image in the
project, so I took some python code I had already in my cpg_glue
script and adapted it to the purpose. Out came this script:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kfj/+junk/script/view/head:/main/metablend.py

you can try out the technique by copying this script to an arbitryry
place and telling hugin (in the preferences - programs section) to use
it instead of enblend, adding these command line parameters (on my
linux system, you may need a different path for the log file):

--slave enblend --log ~/xx.log

the 'slave' paramater tells it to use enblend for the blending, and
the 'log' parameter tells it where to write a log file of the blending
process. Metablend.py will also print a brief help message if you call
it without arguments. It requires the python argparse module, which
may not be part of your python distribution, but is easily available
via your package manager or PyPI.

This technique should work for enfuse just the same (it might need a
bit of adaptation, but basically using '--slave enfuse' in the
preferences should do the trick), and generally having a bit of python
buffer code between hugin and it's slave programs is a nice touch. I
think consistently using this technique might make adapting the
handling of slave programs for different platforms easier - the python
glue code can handle the platform-specific bits much easier than C++
code in hugin itself, and it can easily be enriched with additional
features (like logging).

This script does not use hsi/hpi, so it should work for everyone who
has python on their system.

Kay

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to