> I just grabbed the tip of libpano but noticed that there is a branch "libpano
> 13-2.9.18" that is not merged into the default branch.
>
> http://panotools.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/panotools/libpano/graph
>
> Reviewing the changes, I see that the same one have been added to the default
> branch also, but I was wondering if it should be merged just to keep as few
> branches open as possible?

All changes to the 2.9.18 branch are also applied separately to the
default branch. The default branch has also been merged with the
Photoshop branch.
So merging would not bring in "new" or modified code.

Also merging the 2 branches would not close the branch. (see e.g. the
merged PhotoshopPSB branch is still listed, as inactive, but not
closed)
hg branches
default                      765:c9f63bc558e9
libpano13-2.9.18             758:ee6fb07f7305
optimizeroptions             740:ee9c33db755a
PhotoshopPSB                 738:8c929483d775 (inactive)
libpano                      708:774168101e71 (inactive)

There is no harm with open branches. Fore merely cosmetic causes the
libpano13-2.9.18 branch could be closed.

> If so, should revision 758 be merged with revision 756 or to the tip?

I think this is not necessary. see above.

Thomas