Dev,

I too am glad you are continuing with this. I look forward to trying it. If you have any problems with mercurial post your questions. Thanks Bruno for giving access.

On 2013-02-13 1:24 PM, Dev Ghosh wrote:
Hello,

Some of you might remember that I worked on a mosaic mode for Hugin and Panotools as part of Google Summer of Code 2009. I implemented what I called the "tilt and spin" method to create orthogonal views of planar surfaces in Panotools but didn't add the transforms to Hugin. Soon thereafter, Pablo added his own mosaic mode to Hugin. Since then, as part of my dissertation research, I've completed, extensively tested, and documented my mosaic mode both in Panotools and Hugin and would like others to try out my software.

My contributions include:
1. The tilt and spin transforms define rotations in degrees of the planar surface about the camera while the existing mosaic mode translates the location of the camera. This means moving images to their approximate locations in a mosaic is easier in my implementation because users can easily estimate warp parameters. This results in optimizations that converge more quickly.

2. I have written a step by step manual that leads users through the steps needed to create a mosaic.

3. I have tested my software and characterized the relationship between control point error and output mosaic error so users can easily tell how much they need to reduce control point error to achieve an acceptable level of mosaic error.

How can I best allow others to try my software out? While working on Google Summer of Code, I had upload access to a Sourceforge branch where I uploaded my Panotools code. Could someone with admin access on Sourceforge create a mosaic mode branch for both Panotools and Hugin for me? (My Sourceforge id: dkg5) Additionally, I've built a Debian package for distribution on Ubuntu. Where can I upload that for others to download?

I look forward to your feedback and suggestions,
Dev

--
Jim Watters
http://photocreations.ca

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "hugin and other free panoramic software" group.