> On Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:02:34 PM UTC-7, David Benes wrote:Hi
> Brandon,
> is seems, that it is the same lens as Samyang 8mm f/3.5 (except the
> removable hood).
> That Samyang has stereographic projection.
>
> Regards
> David

On your advice I just tried a stereographic projection and re-optimized one
of my projects and it looks great!  I had tried the other settings that I
mentioned above and it never worked out. I was starting to worry that the
lens would not work with hugin.

A big thanks, getting that right makes me a lot happier person :)

I still need to figure out how the correct lens parameters. The two
projects that I just loaded and optimized are now doing very well. The only
complainant is that the extreme edges are not quite lining up right.
Hopefully a night of messing around I can get them corrected.

To shift the question a little bit, how does a person know what kind of
projection is the correct one for their lens and or camera combo? I read
everything there was with my lens and there was no mention of anything that
would have lead me to think stereographic.

On the Canon T5, the lens behaves as a full frame fisheye.  The focal
> length usually works out nearer 9mm than 8mm, but the optimizer will
> evaluate the correct hfov when you stitch a full 360x180 panorama.
>
> John

 I was thinking the way you were and had been trying the various fisheye
projections and it was not working. Maybe someone has some insight as to
why it turns out to be a stereographic instead?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/281e9ab0-07e3-4a95-9e3f-6ad6a7651e6f%40googlegroups.com.