On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:14:12 AM UTC-8, Tduell wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that hugin will honour your choice of stacks, rather than
>
> use the above rule. I have always set the images in my stacks, and haven't
>
> tried "exposure fusion from stacks" without any stacks set.
> The images in each stack do need to be perfectly aligned for this to give
>
> a good result.
> Auto bracketed shots, hand held, can be sufficiently out of alignment to
> give a poor result. Hand held bracketed shots are best put through
> "align_image_stack" prior to stitching and using "exposure fusion from
> stacks".
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Regards,
> Terry Duell

That is what I thought it should do, but it appear to do differently. When
I photograph I currently do a bracketed down shot with the tripod, then
turn the tripod 180 and do the next bracketed down shot. I set those as two
different stacks. Yet when hugin goes to stitch it it will combine those,
plus if I have a handheld shot in a third stack it will combine it in there
as well.

I came to that conclusion by checking the filename_stack_ldr_**** images.
There is not enough of them compared to what I told it to make and when I
find the downshot it has combined more  stacks than it should have.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/d3145378-d0b5-4ffb-a516-b795bbe1729f%40googlegroups.com.