11.11.2015, 4:09, Terry Duell kirjoitti:
> I just tried that with my 150-450 lens and the image of the diaphragm is
> in quite different positions at 150mm FL, depending on which end of the
> lens I'm viewing.

The entrance pupil is the image of the aperture viewed from the _front_
of the lens. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrance_pupil
The location changes when zooming or focusing, so the position should be
calibrated with the focal length and focus distance you intend to use
for the actual photo shoot.

The position of the exit pupil (the image from back end) isn't relevant
for panorama photography.

--
        Markku Kolkka
        markku.kol...@iki.fi