On September 20, 2016 2:51:29 PM EDT, Phillip Allen-Baines
<phillipa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I assume this is like a spherical 360 but viewed from the outside of
>the
>sphere. Can anyone tell me how to make these? Is it possible with
>Hugin? or
>is there some software that I can be guided to? I guess my searchterms
>are
>poor because I cant find anything opensource.
>
>Thanks in advance Ladies and Gentlemen
>:-)

Can you be more specific? Perhaps provide an example of what you are trying to
do.

In general, there are two types of panoramas: spherical and mosaic. If all the
photos are taken from the same point in space, it is spherical. If the camera
moves (e.g. with aerial photography), it is mosaic.

Now, you don't need to do a full sphere for it to be a spherical pano. Doing a
single row of photos is a partial sphere.

Multi-row (or multi-column) partial spheres are quite possible in Hugin with
the same techniques as full spheres.

--Sean

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/B4952A40-BD70-4BCE-AA70-3D6F52B368EA%40seangreenslade.com.