On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 11:30:02 PM UTC-4, Groogle wrote:

> I'm sure that much of your issues relate to the fact that you write
> your reply away from what you're replying to.  In case it's my
> terminology, that recommendation is to leave the temporary directory
> specification empty (default).

Now we are running in circles. If I do that the intermediate files created
while stitching fill up the root partition. No problem though.  I'll just
do as was suggested and fin control points with  the "temporary directory
specification empty (default)" and then set the "temporary directory
specification" to the larger directory  that can handle the intermediate
files created while stitching.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/f7e9925f-2de9-4a78-9473-212f4a78c7fd%40googlegroups.com.