On September 28, 2016 7:46:20 AM EDT, 'JKEngineer' via hugin and other free
panoramic software <hugin-ptx@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>Yaw is rotation about the vertical axis - essentially the "compass"
>direction.
>Roll is rotation about the horizontal front to rear axis - essentially
>tilt
>around the lens - what Sean described, but called it yaw.
>Pitch is rotation about the horizontal side to side axis - whether the
>lens
>is pointing up or down.
>
>JK

Sorry, yes, I had a complete brainfart. I described roll in my previous mail.
Yaw is equivalent to panning on a fixed tripod, and pitch is equivalent to up
and down tilt on a fixed tripod.

I imagined there being confusion with regards to roll since it's not a motion
that's easy to accomplish on a tripod.

--Sean

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/F8D53230-F3AC-4B60-8D91-921C1A1D5F4F%40seangreenslade.com.