Hi Steve,

  Have you *optimized*, after finding the control points, for yaw, pitch,
roll, and perhaps (better after yaw, pitch, roll, in a second step) also
for positions? It is this optimization that reduces the initial errors and
thus correctly repositions each image in order to build a panorama.
  In this process Hugin itself will correct for perspective in your photos,
so the images will perfectly match if you have little parallax.

  If you did optimized, I did not understand well what could have happened,
so some screenshot of your result, if possible, would clarify for us your
problem.

  Hugin is a great software and you surely should get stunning results with
it.

  Luís Henrique

> I have just started to use Hugin.
> After trying to take some pictures with effect in a forest (and failing) I
> did some comparative tests between panorama and wide angle for the same
> HFOV.
> This has led me to delve deeper into the panorama style and the use of
> Hugin. I have a pano head arriving next week.
>
> I am trying to get to grips with Hugin and figure out what throws it out.
> I went back to a very simple window frame with horizontals, verticals and
> straight lines, 3 shot hand held panorama.
> In each image the frame lines are straight within 3 pixels worst case with
> no lens correction. I only add control points manually to marks on the
> frames, control points placed within 1 pixel.
> I can perspective correct each frame individually in Hugin (
> http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/perspective/en.shtml) and they are
> spot on to easily merge in gimp say.
>
> If I put all 3 images into Hugin and match up the same control points the
> window frame goes all humpty and I the errors are not good.
> I guess I must be doing something to confuse Hugin but can't figure it
> out.
> Should I be perspective correcting the images before combining, does Hugin
> correct each image first and then try to combine or just try to average
> things out.
> Do I need to keep the camera dead level to avoid confusing Hugin, i.e wait
> for the pano head.
> Any help appreciated as this has me a bit baffled.
>
> Steve
>
> --
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> ---
> msgid/hugin-ptx/027a0ff6-ac7a-444e-84f8-a8f401bcff07%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/027a0ff6-ac7a-444e-84f8-a8f401bcff07%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Luis Henrique Camargo Quiroz
http://luishcq.br.tripod.com - http://www.christusrex.org/www2/cantgreg