On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 2:34:42 AM UTC-4, Steve Edmonds wrote:
> Yaw is the width of the harbour entrance, side to side.
> On Monday, 3 October 2016 04:46:57 UTC+13, John Muccigrosso wrote:
>> I always like to remember the original usage for airplanes (OK, it was 
>> really ships):
>>    1. Pitch is how far up or down the plane/boat's nose is pointed.
>>    2. Roll is how much the plane is tilted to the left or right (tipping 
>>    the plane/ship left and right).
>>    3. Yaw is the other one. :-)
>> Pitch and roll have essentially the obvious meaning from their usual 
>> usage. It's yaw that isn't used outside this context.
Getting OT here, but I hadn't heard that one before. Citation? 

A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to hugin-ptx+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to