Hi Steve,

Steve Edmonds wrote on 15.10.16 01:53:

 In this process Hugin itself will correct for perspective in your
 photos, so the images will perfectly match if you have little parallax.

I have a bit of parallax (you will see this in the background) but am
not interested within this exercise in the background, or anything
outside the plane of the window frames and hence why all my control
points are on the frames.

You identified one of the main problems but choose to ignore it. The _huge_ parallax error you introduce with your setup in combination with objects at a close distance make the shown images useless for stitching.

Start with finding / adjusting the no-parallax point <http://wiki.panotools.org/No-parallax_point> of your lens.

If you still have no panoramic head try using a philopod. That's simple to set up, I still use it a lot: <http://wiki.panotools.org/Philopod>. Have a look at <http://wiki.panotools.org/Heads#Self_made> to see what effort others put into their shooting setup.

Find an easier to shoot place: outside, maybe the facade of a building, no objects in foreground to make still occuring smaller parallax errors less of a problem.

Note that shooting in portrait mode is a good idea.

Here is a nice list of tutorials <http://wiki.panotools.org/Tutorials>. Some may be a bit old but you get the idea, like with this one: <https://panospace.wordpress.com/2008/02/29/parallax/>

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "hugin and other free panoramic software" group.