I'm sorry not to get back to you.

I've been using the gui because the two images don't have machine
identifiable correlative points.  (think images of the same scene, but
acquired non contemporaneously).  I've been using the same gui settings as
the command line, with customized control points, and I get two warped
images as output.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/627c569f-5f1f-4c1d-a463-db2b7ed6bec1%40googlegroups.com.