Am Samstag, 27. Januar 2018 07:03:48 UTC+1 schrieb Abrimaal:

> When we click [ Add Images ] button in the simple interface, we can see
> both images and .pto projects,
> but we cannot open a project from here, because an error "Could not decode
> image" is displayed. (attachment 1)
>
> When we want to open an existing project from the menu [ Open ], you don't
> see what you open, because images are not displayed. (attachment 2)
> (let's assume that images and projects are in the same folder)

If Hugin displays .pto projects in Add images, why not to open projects
> from here and rename the button to [ Open files ] or [ Load files ]
> It looks simple to detect the header '# hugin project file' and jump to
> project opening routine. At least simple compared to all calculations
> performed by Hugin :)

This happens only because you set the file filter in the add images dialog
to "all files" instead of the default "all image file". (But you didn't
this in the load project.)

It will allow the user to start a new project, load images, open projects,
> add images to a project and merge projects with a single button.

How do you want then to distinguish between open project and merge project?
And how should a new project started in this context?
Sorry, but this is more then confuse.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/aa34ad8a-7897-491a-8fb4-fa0c51666a16%40googlegroups.com.