I've been having a strange issue with Hugin for some time now, and
I've traced it to a difference between the Microsoft and FreeBSD
versions.  On the FreeBSD version, the control point detectors find no
control points at all between the first and last images of a circular
panorama.  There's no obvious reason for this, and it seems that
"first" and "last" refer to the order in which the images are loaded.

I'm still trying to understand this, but an obvious thing to do would
be to try it on Linux and see what happens there.  Which distro should
I use?

If anybody wants to play with the images, I have low-quality versions
which show the effect at
http://www.lemis.com/grog/Day/20180602/e-from-house.tar (about 14 MB),
or, if you don't do tar,
http://www.lemis.com/grog/Day/20180602/e-from-house-0.jpeg,
http://www.lemis.com/grog/Day/20180602/e-from-house-2.jpeg,
http://www.lemis.com/grog/Day/20180602/e-from-house-3.jpeg and
http://www.lemis.com/grog/Day/20180602/e-from-house-4.jpeg.  I have
also included my .hugin file at
http://www.lemis.com/grog/Day/20180602/.hugin, and it's in the
tarball.  There's no
http://www.lemis.com/grog/Day/20180602/e-from-house-1.jpeg, which
isn't needed here.  The photos were taken with a full-frame fisheye,
and Exif data is complete.

Apart from this, can anybody think of another reason why this might
happen?  I've checked the .hugin file but found nothing obvious.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger groog...@gmail.com for PGP public key.