I was under impression that it was better not to make new topics when a
significantly similar thread was already open.

Operating System: Windows 7 SP 1, 64-bit edition
Architecture: 64 bit
Free memory: 13771976 kiB

Hugin
Version: 2018.0.0.5abfb4de7961 built by Thomas

Libraries
wxWidgets: wxWidgets 3.1.1
wxWidgets Library (wxMSW port)
Version 3.1.1 (Unicode: wchar_t, debug level: 1),
compiled at Nov 18 2017 10:28:15

Runtime version of toolkit used is 6.1.

libpano13: 2.9.19
Exiv2: 0.26
SQLite3: 3.18.0
Vigra: 1.11.0
LittleCMS2: 2.9

I only used tools which come within hugin and as default, having made no
changes to settings.
The following images are about the worst I could find. There is one
situation where the lens shifted, but I reason this should still result in
some stacks finding at least some similarities, not a flat 0.

http://pasteall.org/pic/8383ef2de64b6647f3c35beddd01abdb
http://pasteall.org/pic/31331e0337f932013ca0bbb91868683d

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that the TIFF file was correct.
Though I should note I only wanted the .ext and don't remember asking for
any other output files, so it is possible the TIFF was a leftover,
temporary file of the only layer that had control points in the CP tab.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/50935c3a-6a61-4082-8b78-66524eab6dec%40googlegroups.com.