On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 09:23, paul womack wrote:

> I have fairly carefully photographed a test set for mosaic mode optimisation.

> I find it interesting (and beyond my understanding) that plane yaw and plane
> pitch
> are NOT required for this set of images.

Plane yaw and pitch allow you to map to alternative planes!

Imagine that you have photographed a box shaped room with four walls,
a ceiling and a floor - but from various locations and without a
panorama head. In Hugin you can map these images to the six respective
planes and reconstruct a 360° panorama for any possible camera
position in the room. Your road map reconstruction only requires a
single plane, so you only need the default plane (plane yaw and plane
pitch = 0).

--
Bruno

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/CAJV99ZhPPAEzm%2Bh211foO_BJ-v6RPMYZ2maACgf%3D23q3BL9s2w%40mail.gmail.com.