On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 5:35:33 PM UTC-5 bruno...@gmail.com wrote:

> If not, then send me your sourceforge username. Note that sourceforge
> supports a fork/pull-request workflow (similar to github), so you can
> work on a separate personal repository just as easily as the main
> repository. If you do choose to work on the main repository, then
> typically features get developed in temporary branches

I sent the username via a direct email.

I think I should provide my first few enhancements, including the 400% and
800% zoom choices, initially without the work around for the problem with
over 2**27 pixels in a zoomed  image.  If my changes then get tested, it
should confirm or contradict my current guess that the 2**27 pixel limit is
inside the obsolete and poorly supported closed-source Nvidia driver I'm
using (Nvidia variant 340).

I'm still a bit far from understanding the performance tradeoffs of
combining that work around for me with a more general performance
improvement for large zoomed images.  So for a while, I'll use my crude
work around, and share other changes for testing.