Thomas and Bruno.  Thanks for the feedback.

I had tried the use_given_order but without thinking about putting the images
in order of front to back focus.
I’m hitting the road tomorrow so I’ll be able to try some real stacking with
landscape images and I’ll try to ensure that I have a bit of overlapping
in-focus sections from one image to the next

Don