Control points coordinates allow fractions of a pixel (1/3 pixel at a time
when moving via arrow keys.  Even finer detail for "fine tuning" results).

What is the precise meaning of the coordinate relative to the pixel?

Imagine each pixel as a square in a very magnified image.  I would expect
best behavior if that pixel's integer coordinates represented the center of
that pixel.  But maybe some code would be simpler if the pixel's exact
coordinates represented the top left corner of that pixel (its coordinates
plus 0.5,0.5 would be its center).

I'm pretty sure various parts of of the hugin code are inconsistent with
each other regarding that decision (following neither of the above rules
and differently from other sections of the hugin code).

I'm working on some enhancements to hugin++, that I can only code correctly
if I know the precise answer to this question.  So I looked for it in the
current code and experimentally in the current behavior and found
contradictions.  I'd like to know which parts are following the intended
behavior, vs which are subtle bugs.