On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 9:17:01 AM UTC-4 raywood wrote:

> > Please enter the horizontal field of view (HFOV) or the focal length and
> crop factor.
>
> I'm not sure what those values would be.
>
> What's the best way to use Hugin with screenshots?

A Panorama in the real world represents a curved surface.  The HFOV is
important in managing that.

You want a panorama of a flat surface.  I don't know if there is a better
way, but specifying a very small HFOV should eliminate almost all of the
curvature from the computed surface.

Additionally, you want to stitch a  "mosaic" (the position of the point of
view changes, rather than the angles), so when you "optimize" (compute
image relative positions to fit control points) you want to work primarily
(or maybe entirely) with "translation" X and Y, rather than the yaw and
pitch that are used for ordinary panoramas.

I never use the Simple interface, so I don't recall how you select optimize
on just translation X and Y in that interface.  It is quite obvious in the
expert interface.