Hi! I often stitch panoramas of 10-100 microchip photos with autogenerated
control points. Due to regular structure on microchips often there are
quite a few (0.1-1%, sometimes even 5%) incorrect control points. It is
clear that optimizing control point detector is first step to resolving the
issue, but it is hard to prevent it completely.

In the past Hugin somehow was able to optimize it correctly, leaving these
bad points with large error. It was easy to delete these points based by
error, and do final clean pass. Now it looks like it tries to minimize
total error, and breaks alignment to reduce error on all bad points too.
I.e. 1% of bad points can easily break alignment.

Does anyone know if optimization algorithm can be adjusted to behave
differently? Are there different optimizers and did optimizer drastically
changed over last few years?

Best regards,
Mikhail