On Oct 28, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> - command line
> - env variable
> - compiled-in defaults
>
> If you're in an environment where you can't pass command line options,
> then use the environment (either explicitly set or unset it).

But what about the situation that Brice suggested, i.e. the application
itself using xml files internally?  Where in the list should that be?

Can you pass XML filenames via the API?

I would think that the API *only* looks at the names passed as parameters -- command line, env variable, etc. are upper-layer abstractions added by top-level tools like lstopo, etc.

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquy...@cisco.com