Tony Breeds wrote:
> I have he beginings of a Fedora package.
>
> Using the 0.9.2 tarball the version on the .so is "0.0.0".  This doesn't seem
> "right".  I'm happy to code up the libtool fu to make the so version match the
> package version but is that what we want?  I don't really expect that the ABI
> to change that regularly.

I don't know about this, so I'll let others answer.

> You can get the rpms for Fedora 12 at:
>       http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1815736
> They certainly wouldn't pass QA but if people want to play/provide feedback.
>
> Also I'm hapy to make the .spec file work on *suse* if it doesn't already.

Great, thanks! I don't have access to any Suse or Fedora machine
unfortunately so I can't help much. I think it'd be good to have RPMs
for Redhat5 and Centos as well. But I have no idea how to build RPM
packages. Should your spec file work for most RPM-based distro? Is there
a basic how-to for building RPM with such a spec file?

I see that Open MPI has .src.rpm files on its download pages. Should we
consider doing the same for hwloc?

> FWIW I'm the Feora maintainer for the "other" libtopology[1] ;P

Good to know :)

Brice