Ashley Pittman, le Mon 15 Feb 2010 21:39:29 +0000, a écrit :
> On 15 Feb 2010, at 21:29, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>
> > Brice Goglin, le Mon 15 Feb 2010 22:19:33 +0100, a écrit :
> >>
> >> I think Ashley wanted the first item when he requested lstopo --pid
> >> <pid> but I may be wrong.
> >
> > You mean in addition to the resolution of #21?  Maybe indeed.
>
> I'm not sure I follow ticket #12 but I suspect it's the same thing as #21.

No, it's not, really :)

#21 was never meant to limit the discovery to the current binding
(understand sched_setaffinity) of some process, it was just meant
to discover according to what another process would see, e.g. with
administrative constraints (understand Linux cpuset).

> I say the commit r1726 which closed #21 and am working on testing this now,
> it certainly appears to be what I requested.

Maybe, depending on whether you want to discover according to the other
process' binding (sched_setaffinity) or according to the other process'
restricted view of the machine (Linux cpuset).

Samuel