Bert Wesarg, le Fri 26 Mar 2010 19:39:51 +0100, a écrit :
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 17:01, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thiba...@inria.fr>
> wrote:
> > Thanks for the idea.
> >
> > Bert Wesarg, le Fri 26 Mar 2010 12:33:00 +0100, a écrit :
> >> +#define HWLOC_HAVE(what) (defined(HWLOC_HAVE_##what) && HWLOC_HAVE_##what)
> >
> > Unfortunately some compilers (such as gcc 2.95) do not accept this
>
> What topology information do you get on machines that have this old
> compiler installed?

It's not only a question of *that* compiler, but that this kind of
tinkering with macros is quite borderline. I actually do wonder whether
it is C99 compliant. gcc happens to be able to parse it since at least
3.0, but since 2.95 doesn't, I guess there are some other compilers that
won't be able to either.

> For example sysfs attributes are very unlikely.
> the linux kernel should require at least gcc 3. But I haven't checked
> since when.

hwloc is not only about Linux ;)

Samuel