Brice Goglin, le Sun 04 Apr 2010 00:32:24 +0200, a écrit :
> As I said in the past, we're trying to address 2
> different issues. I said we could have a "Group" type to replace the
> current meaning of "Misc" and keep "Misc" for user-added objects only.

That's what I meant by "fixing" misc objects, and just did in r1906.

> A better solution for backward compatibility would be to keep current
> "Misc" objects as is, and change user-added objects to a new type such
> as HWLOC_OBJ_USER or CUSTOM. Then only the later needs a quirk in the
> ignore code.

We have already broken the backward compatibility in a lot of ways, so
I believe it's better to just name NUMA and AIX groups as "groups", and
not just "misc", so misc can be used for really various things, be it
user-provided, top-provided, or plugin-provided, etc.

Samuel