Le 11/07/2010 19:48, Jirka Hladky a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I have run into two bugs on PPC64 on 2.6.32 kernel.
>
> Version:
>
> lt-lstopo 1.0.1
>
> BUG #1: No Socket information in lstopo output:
>
> ./lstopo
>
> Machine (3654MB) + L2 #0 (4096KB)
>
> L1 #0 (64KB) + Core #0
>
> PU #0 (phys=0)
>
> PU #1 (phys=1)
>
> L1 #1 (64KB) + Core #1
>
> PU #2 (phys=2)
>
> PU #3 (phys=3)
>
> Fixed in the latest version (tried hwloc-1.1a1r2301.tar.gz)
> <http://www.open-mpi.org/software/hwloc/nightly/trunk/hwloc-1.1a1r2301.tar.gz>

In 1.0.1, there's a patch that prevents us from showing invalid socket
info on old kernels but it also prevents us from showing valid socket
info on recent kernel. I reverted the commit in trunk (and in the
upcoming 1.0.2).

> BUG #2
>
> On some PPC64, kernel 2.6.32 I have crash when running
>
> $ lstopo a.txt
>
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> $ gdb /usr/local/bin/lstopo core.8771

> #0 0x00000000100060b4 in .merge ()
>
> It appears only on some PPC64 boxes.
>
> This issue is also gone with in the latest version (tried
> hwloc-1.1a1r2301.tar.gz)
> <http://www.open-mpi.org/software/hwloc/nightly/trunk/hwloc-1.1a1r2301.tar.gz>
>
> I wonder if you are aware of these problems. let me know if you need
> more details.

If you do "lstopo a.xml" first, does "lstopo --xml a.xml a.txt" crash as
above? If so, please send a.xml so that I debug this.

thanks,
Brice