On Monday, November 01, 2010 02:17:53 pm Brice Goglin wrote:
> Le 01/11/2010 13:22, Jirka Hladky a écrit :
> > Thanks! Please let me know where I can download tarball for testing.
>
> You need a tarball containing svn r2679 or later. Nightly snapshots are
> available:
>   http://www.open-mpi.org/software/hwloc/nightly/
> There are updated at 9pm EDT from what I see in the logs.
>
> > BTW, what is the status of 1.1? Any plan to release it?
>
> I think we're ready for rc1.
>

> Brice

Hi Brice,

I have tested
http://www.open-mpi.org/software/hwloc/nightly/trunk/hwloc-1.2a1r2694.tar.gz

It looks good, no trouble.

Using rpmbuild I got
/usr/bin/hwloc-gather-topology.sh
as expected! Great!

Couple of comments:

1) Could we remove following line
abs_top_builddir="/home/jhladky/rpmbuild/BUILD/hwloc-1.2a1r2694"
during make install ?

It's not used anymore. It's just to make the code look nicer.

2) $hwloc-gather-topology.sh /tmp/A/hwloc
works nicely, too.

However, if I do something nasty like
$touch /tmp/c

/tmp/c is a regular file

then

$hwloc-gather-topology.sh /tmp/c/hwloc
mkdir: cannot create directory `/tmp/c': File exists
mv: accessing `/tmp/c/hwloc.tar.bz2': Not a directory
Hierarchy gathered in /tmp/c/hwloc.tar.bz2 and kept in
/tmp/tmp.anx1tIvmak/hwloc/
./hwloc-gather-topology.sh: line 75: /tmp/c/hwloc.output: Not a directory
Expected topology output stored in /tmp/c/hwloc.output

which is nonsense. Neither /tmp/c/hwloc.tar.bz2 nor   /tmp/c/hwloc.output
exists. It can be fixed easily by replacing

 mkdir -p "$dirname"

with

if ! mkdir -p "$dirname"
then
    exit 1
fi

3) Whenever I run lstopo using X output and I close lstopo window I will get

$lstopo
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
      after 121 requests (121 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Is there something wrong with my X-server settings? Can it be suppressed?

I'm sorry to always bring up some complains.... These are not real issues. I
have to say that I really really like hwloc and I appreciate how quickly you
address any issues. I'm trying to spread a word among users so that there are
aware of this great tool.

GOOD NEWS - hwloc will be included in RHEL 6.1 as official (supported) package.
AMD has asked for it.

Keep up the GREAT work!
Jirka