Jirka Hladky, le Thu 11 Nov 2010 14:50:46 +0100, a écrit :
> "On this system function XYZ is not supported by GLIBC/KERNEL)"
>
> I'm missing the information:
>
> -which function is not implemented

Well, you have it: hwloc_proc_getmembind()
How it'd be called by the OS in the future is unknown of course.

> -where this function belong - is it system call, glibc or hwloc's function?

It's always system call or glibc function, it depends on the system and
we can't know where it'd be implemented in the future. Or our lack of knowledge
of
which system call can provide the functionality.

> Or perhaps something more user friendly like
> "On this system --get does not work together with --membind"

We'd have to handle a big list of combinations of parameters in that
case.  I'd rather add a paragraph to the documentation that just
explains that not everything is available on all OSes, or hwloc just
doesn't know that it got implemented.

Samuel