Brice Goglin, le Tue 13 Dec 2011 18:58:14 +0100, a écrit :
> >> Also I don't think the GPU caches should be L2 because they are not very
> >> similar to the CPU ones.
> > How so?
>
> In the same way the GPU memory is different from the NUMA node memory?
> Why would caches and cores be similar for CPU and GPU while memory and
> pu would not?

Ok, I thought you were referring to an architectural detail. Well,
actually NUMA nodes and embedded memory should just both use a MEM
object, instead of duplicating all kinds of objects. We won't duplicate
such things for the MIC, will we?

IIRC the problems I had with using NODE was things like: make sure
total_memory doesn't count it, having a "name" to distinguish "shared"
and "global", avoid letting it enter the "levels". But all of these
could just be fixed by not browsing inside PCI devices, which we might
already be doing, actually.

Samuel