Hi Brice,

I use following custom routines to check for malloc related errors.

Just my 2 cents.

Jirka

void *util_Malloc (size_t size)
{
   void *p;
   errno = 0;
   p = malloc (size);
   if (p == NULL) {
      fprintf (stdout, "\nmalloc failed: %s\n\n", strerror (errno));
      exit (EXIT_FAILURE);
      return NULL;     /* to eliminate a warning from the compiler */
   } else
      return p;
}

void *util_Calloc (size_t count, size_t esize)
{
   void *p;
   errno = 0;
   p = calloc (count, esize);
   if (p == NULL) {
      fprintf (stdout, "\ncalloc failed: %s\n\n", strerror (errno));
      exit (EXIT_FAILURE);
      return NULL;     /* to eliminate a warning from the compiler */
   } else
      return p;
}

void *util_Realloc (void *ptr, size_t size)
{
   void *p;
   errno = 0;
   p = realloc (ptr, size);
   if ((p == NULL) && (size != 0)) {
      fprintf (stdout, "\nrealloc failed: %s\n\n", strerror (errno));
      exit (EXIT_FAILURE);
      return ptr;      /* to eliminate a warning from the compiler */
   } else
      return p;

}

void *util_Free (void *p)