On 24/05/2010 21:28, Jirka Hladky wrote:
> What's confusing is that --taskset alone (without --cpuset) has no effect at
> all. IMHO, --cpuset and --taskset should be mutually exclusive options.

My feeling is that --taskset is just an option that changes the way
cpuset are displayed with --cpuset or --cpuset-only.
I'll change the code so that --taskset also enables --cpuset if not
already done.

> I was not able to get hwloc-distrib working together with hwloc-calc to get
> expected output:
> hwloc-distrib --single 8
> 0x00000001
> 0x00000010
> 0x00000002
> 0x00000020
> 0x00000004
> 0x00000040
> 0x00000008
> 0x00000080
>
> but
> hwloc-distrib --single 8 | xargs hwloc-calc --taskset
> will produce
> 0xff ???

hwloc-calc doesn't accept input from stdin, it only reads the
command-line. We have a TODO entry about this, I'll work on it soon.
For now, you can do:
    hwloc-distrib ... | xargs -n 1 utils/hwloc-calc

> Could you please suggest what am I doing wrong or  perhaps add support of
> --taskset to
> hwloc-distrib
> command directly?

Yeah, I can do that too :)