I am trying to send a MPI job to selected cores on a 64 cores machine. With
taskset I use:

mpirun -np 8 taskset -c 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 program

but if I substitute taskset by hwloc-bind doing

mpirun -np 8 hwloc-bind core:1 core:3 core:5 core:7 core:9 core:11 core:13
core:15 program

it does not work. In the following thread:

http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/hwloc-users/2011/02/0277.php

The answer was:

"Each hwloc-bind command in the mpirun above doesn't know that there
are other hwloc-bind instances on the same machine. All of them bind
their process to all cores in the first socket. "

Is there something wrong if I do:

hwloc-bind core:1 core:3 core:5 core:7 core:9 core:11 core:13 core:15 mpirun -
np 8 program

Is the an easier way to tell mpirun the individual cores?

Thanks a lot.
--
Dr. Rafael R. Pappalardo
Dept. Quimica Fisica, Fac. de Quimica, Univ. de Sevilla (Spain)