I will be releasing a v1.8.1 with this fix in the near future. I still
need to decide the names of the new CPUModelNumber fields [1] and see if
I can backport the easy x86 support to v1.8.1 too.

Rhanks for reporting the issue and testing the "patched winball"
Brice

[1] http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/hwloc-devel/2014/01/4043.php