Hi

I am getting the following error when building hwloc on 32bit ubuntu 14.10
(utopic) with optimizations (CFLAGS='-O3'):

... snip ...
  CC       topology-x86.lo
/home/vagrant/src/hwloc/include/private/cpuid-x86.h: Assembler messages:
/home/vagrant/src/hwloc/include/private/cpuid-x86.h:40: Error: symbol
`Lhwloc1' is already defined
Makefile:878: recipe for target 'topology-x86.lo' failed
make[1]: *** [topology-x86.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/vagrant/src/hwloc/hwloc'
Makefile:615: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I used these steps to verify that the build works without optimizations and
reproduce the error above with optimizations:

git clone https://github.com/open-mpi/hwloc
cd hwloc/
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
# This works, but no optimizations.

# This fails with the error above...
git clean -dxf
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS='-O3' CXXFLAGS='-O3'
make

Is this expected to work? Do you have recommendations for fixing? I first
saw this on hwloc 1.9.1 and verified it also happens on 1.10.0.

I attached the configure and make V=1 output, as well as the config.log for
the build against master (sha: 77fbe8f) that fails.

I am using the utopic32 vagrant box from Ubuntu:
http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/vagrant/utopic/current/

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks!

Thomas Van Doren
thomas.vando...@gmail.com