Ok let me expand then.  I don't have control over the bios.

The testing I am doing resides on a cloud provider and from our testing it
appears that it has HT enabled.  It is ambiguous though to me what I see vs how
they allocate on their hypervisor.

I want to see if this has any effect. given the providers advertised CPU types
they use vs my bare metal ones of the same types everything feels 'half as
fast'  Thus the question about HT.

Here is the lstopo from the provider:

lstopo-no-graphics

Machine (7484MB)
  Socket L#0 + L3 L#0 (25MB)
    L2 L#0 (256KB) + L1d L#0 (32KB) + L1i L#0 (32KB) + Core L#0
      PU L#0 (P#0)
      PU L#1 (P#2)
    L2 L#1 (256KB) + L1d L#1 (32KB) + L1i L#1 (32KB) + Core L#1
      PU L#2 (P#1)
      PU L#3 (P#3)
  HostBridge L#0
    PCI 8086:7010