Em 30-06-2017 17:28, Brice Goglin escreveu:
Le 30/06/2017 22:08, fabricio a écrit :
Em 30-06-2017 16:21, Brice Goglin escreveu:
Yes, it's possible but very easy. Before we go that way:
Can you also pass HWLOC_COMPONENTS_VERBOSE=1 in the environment and send
the verbose output?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Registered cpu discovery component `no_os' with priority 40
(statically build)
Registered global discovery component `xml' with priority 30
(statically build)
Registered global discovery component `synthetic' with priority 30
(statically build)
Registered global discovery component `custom' with priority 30
(statically build)
Registered cpu discovery component `linux' with priority 50
(statically build)
Registered misc discovery component `linuxpci' with priority 19
(statically build)
Registered misc discovery component `pci' with priority 20 (statically
build)
Registered cpu discovery component `x86' with priority 45 (statically
build)
Enabling cpu discovery component `linux'
Enabling cpu discovery component `x86'
Enabling cpu discovery component `no_os'
Excluding global discovery component `xml', conflicts with excludes 0x2
Excluding global discovery component `synthetic', conflicts with
excludes 0x2
Excluding global discovery component `custom', conflicts with excludes
0x2
Enabling misc discovery component `pci'
Enabling misc discovery component `linuxpci'
Final list of enabled discovery components: linux,x86,no_os,pci,linuxpci

* hwloc has encountered what looks like an error from the operating
system.
*
* L3 (cpuset 0x000003f0) intersects with NUMANode (P#0 cpuset
0x0000003f) without inclusion!
* Error occurred in topology.c line 942
*
* The following FAQ entry in a recent hwloc documentation may help:
*   What should I do when hwloc reports "operating system" warnings?
* Otherwise please report this error message to the hwloc user's
mailing list,
* along with the output+tarball generated by the hwloc-gather-topology
script.

Enabling global discovery component `xml'
Excluding cpu discovery component `linux', conflicts with excludes
0xffffffff
Excluding cpu discovery component `x86', conflicts with excludes
0xffffffff
Excluding cpu discovery component `no_os', conflicts with excludes
0xffffffff
Excluding global discovery component `xml', conflicts with excludes
0xffffffff
Excluding global discovery component `synthetic', conflicts with
excludes 0xffffffff
Excluding global discovery component `custom', conflicts with excludes
0xffffffff
Excluding misc discovery component `pci', conflicts with excludes
0xffffffff
Excluding misc discovery component `linuxpci', conflicts with excludes
0xffffffff
Final list of enabled discovery components: xml
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I am wondering if the x86 backend was disabled somehow.
Please also send your config.log

I'm using the embebbed hwloc in openmpi 1.10.7, whose version seems to
be 1.9.1. I could not find a config.log file.

I thought you were using hwloc 1.11.5? HWLOC_COMPONENTS=x86 can help
there, but not in 1.9.1 from OMPI. Which one did you try?

Setting HWLOC_COMPONENTS=-linux could also work: It totally disables the
Linux backend. If the x86 is disabled as well, you would get an almost
empty topology.

Will this leave the process allocation to the kernel, potentially
diminishing performance?

This would basically ignore all topology information.
But it's not needed anymore here since the x86 backend is enabled above.

What you can do is one of these:
* tell OMPI to use an external hwloc >= 1.11.2
* use a more recent OMPI :)
* use a XML generated with hwloc >= 1.11.2 with HWLOC_COMPONENTS=x86,
and pass it to OMPI and/or hwloc with HWLOC_XMLFILE=/path/to/foo.xml and
HWLOC_THISSYSTEM=1 in the environment. If it doesn't work, I'll generate
the XML

Updating hwloc version to 1.11.7 && recompiling openmpi && HWLOC_COMPONENTS=x86 made the error message disappear.

Thanks for the attention!