We are using the hwloc api to identify GPUs on our cluster. While we are
able to "discover" the GPUs, other information about them does not appear
to be getting filled in. See below for example:

(gdb) p *obj->attr
$20 = {
  cache = {
    size = 1,
    depth = 0,
    linesize = 0,
    associativity = 0,
    type = HWLOC_OBJ_CACHE_UNIFIED
  },
  group = {
    depth = 1
  },
  pcidev = {
    domain = 1,
    bus = 0 '\000',
    dev = 0 '\000',
    func = 0 '\000',
    class_id = 0,
    vendor_id = 0,
    device_id = 0,
    subvendor_id = 0,
    subdevice_id = 0,
    revision = 0 '\000',
    linkspeed = 0
  },
  bridge = {
    upstream = {
      pci = {
        domain = 1,
        bus = 0 '\000',
        dev = 0 '\000',
        func = 0 '\000',
        class_id = 0,
        vendor_id = 0,
        device_id = 0,
        subvendor_id = 0,
        subdevice_id = 0,
        revision = 0 '\000',
        linkspeed = 0
      }
    },
    upstream_type = HWLOC_OBJ_BRIDGE_HOST,
    downstream = {
      pci = {
        domain = 0,
        secondary_bus = 0 '\000',
        subordinate_bus = 0 '\000'
      }
    },
    downstream_type = HWLOC_OBJ_BRIDGE_HOST,
    depth = 0
  },
  osdev = {
    type = HWLOC_OBJ_OSDEV_GPU
  }
}

The name is generally just "cardX".

Does this mean that the cards are not configured correctly? Or is there an
additional flag that needs to be set to get this information?

Currently the code does:

  hwloc_topology_init(&machine_topology);
  hwloc_topology_set_flags(machine_topology,
HWLOC_TOPOLOGY_FLAG_IO_DEVICES);
  hwloc_topology_load(machine_topology);

And this is enough to identify the CPUs and GPUs, but any additional
information - particularly the device and vendor id's - seem to not be
there.

I tried this with the most recent release (1.11.7) and saw the same
results.

We tried this on a variety of PowerPC machines and I think even some
x86_64 machines with similar results.

Thoughts?
Dave