Hi Brice,

how are you doing? I hope you are fine. We are all well and safe.

I have been running hwloc on IBM Power LPAR VM with only 1 CPU core and 8
PUs [1]. There is only one NUMA node. The numbering is however quite
strange, the NUMA node number is "2".  See [2].

hwloc reports "Topology does not contain any NUMA node, aborting!"

$ lstopo
Topology does not contain any NUMA node, aborting!
hwloc_topology_load() failed (No such file or directory).

Could you please double-check if this behavior is correct? I believe hwloc
should work on this HW setup.

FYI, we can get it working with --disallowed option [3] (but I think it
should work without this option as well)

Thanks a lot!
Jirka

[1] $ lscpu
Architecture:        ppc64le
Byte Order:          Little Endian
CPU(s):              8
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
Thread(s) per core:  8
Core(s) per socket:  1
Socket(s):           1
NUMA node(s):        1

[2] There is ONE NUMA node with the number "2":
$ numactl -H
available: 1 nodes (2)
node 2 cpus: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
node 2 size: 7614 MB
node 2 free: 1098 MB
node distances:
node   2
 2:  10

[3]
$ lstopo --disallowed
Machine (7615MB total)
 Package L#0
   NUMANode L#0 (P#0 7615MB)
   L3 L#0 (4096KB) + L2 L#0 (1024KB) + Core L#0
     L1d L#0 (32KB) + L1i L#0 (48KB)
       Die L#0 + PU L#0 (P#0)
       PU L#1 (P#2)
       PU L#2 (P#4)