A while ago I downloaded CLE (Chinese Linux Extensions) - this is a
Redhat distribution with support for Chinese (simplified and
traditional) and English. It comes with what you need; I haven't looked
into what exactly it uses, but some XIM compatible stuff. I don't
remember the address; I always find with with Google.

/jan

Kazutoshi Kubota wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:37:02 +0200,
> In Message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Kerstin Buchacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote...
> 
> 
>>I have been trying to get the XIM frontend Xwnmo of the FreeWnn package to
>>work.
>>
>>Using the setup from the tarball, Xwnmo does not even compile. 
>>
> 
> Xwnmo has many bugs as I know.  The FreeWnn doesn't include xwnmo
> for license reasons and I seem it is troublesome to compile it.
> 
> I can recommend the kinput2 as the XIM frontend for the FreeWnn, but
> kinput2 can handle Japanese text only.  Sorry, I don't know other XIM
> frontend tools that supported Chinese or Korean.
> 


_______________________________________________
I18n mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/i18n

Reply via email to