Kerstin Buchacker wrote:
> Does this happen to other people, too, or is it just me
> doing something wrong?
I just tested xterm-158 on my machine, it seems everything works for me.
This is the detail:
RedHat 7.1 with XFree86 4.1.0 updates from RawHide. But
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6.2
is the one I have to recompile from current CVS. This is
because I needed the UTF-8 XIM and BIG5 bug fix.
On the WIM server, I tested miniChinput. It is my modified
RawHide version. The modification I made is to get it
to work with UTF-8 locale and fix a few bugs.
Also, I patched xterm-158 to add support of displaying proportional
TrueType font correctly.
With all this, I can input both simplified and traditional Chinese
without any problem.
What is not working correctly is that under ksh, 'BackSpace' delete
only half of the Chinese character. But VIM 6 does not have this
problem. Both cursor and delete work correctly under VIM: cursor
will reverse underline single width or double width characters correctly
and delete will remove single width or double width characters correctly.
So at least I have pretty good UTF-8 experience.
Regards,
Yao Zhang
_______________________________________________
I18n mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/i18n