Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
> ...
> If it would also be possible for users (or sys admin) to have the choice
> to merge those default pseudo fonts with real fonts (of the same style),
> that is, all fonts will always have the maximum coverage, the face name
> will only say which real font to get the glyphs to, each time it is > possible; then 
>it would be the nearest to perfection for me.

Mozilla supports this now. Earlier this year we added code to
look for fonts with the same foundry/family (eg: adobe-helvetica)
when making the list of fonts. I already see several Japanese
system vendors making an "alias-misc" font where various JISX0201,
JISX0208, JISX0212, and JISX0213 fonts are aliased to this
common name. They are controlling this merged font.

When I get to my system at work I will send a URL.

Brian Stell
_______________________________________________
I18n mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/i18n

Reply via email to