Hi,

At Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:14:43 -0800 (PST),
Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> I think we're loosing focus again on this topic (note subject :-)

I imagine that people who are discussing about copyright problem
will naturally think Xterm should support Bidi in future.  Imagine,
is it likely that a person who thinks thet Xterm should not support
Bidi will worry about FriBidi's license?

I support the idea of supporting Bidi by Xterm, though we will have
to research concrete definition of what "Bidi support" is.

On the other hand, I want native Bidi people to use Brady's patch
or Mlterm and give good feedbacks to Fribidi or Mlterm.  Such experience
of using Bidi terminal will be useful in discussing the above discussion,
i.e., determining concrete definition of what "Bidi support" is.

We will need some standard definition of what "Bidi support" is, because
apprication softwares which want to run on Bidi-supported terminals will
have to know what functionarities the terminals have.  The contents
should not be modified frequently.

I want native Bidi people to take the initiative in such discussions.

But, I am afraid whether people here will agree that Xterm will
support Bidi, as Nadim is afraid...  Without such consensus, any
discussions will be futile.

I remember that Markus and Juliusz have expressed an objection for
Xterm to support Bidi.  Is it true even now?

PS. [offtopic]  Juliusz, could you please release a new version of
luit with all patches?

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/